So every once in a while all the stars align and something amazing happens. I must read and view over a hundred articles about parkour and freerunning everyday, and I can scream all I want about the coming of PKFR, but even with over a quarter of a million fans on Facebook, few people (ie. advertisers/sponsors/companies) believe me… But now I finally have the undeniable proof. Here is my reasoning in bullet form (and I already ask forgiveness to those who blame us for selling out – we are not!)
- Target does an ad about parkour
- J-Lo shakes her ass in a parkour chase down the streets of Acapulco
- New York Times says parkour is growing
- Paul Walker to star in remake of Cult Parkour film B-13 (now named Brick Mansions?)
- Coldplay – best selling band of all time does a parkour video
- Wrigleys RPM Gum dumps the twins for Parkour Dude
- Olympic Games chock full of parkour already
- Stewie and Brian from Family Guy chase a French Tracer
- Hulu announced TV series about Parkour called FLOW
- And Finally the last sign…Taylor Lautner stars in Tracer – a thriller about a NY bike deliver guy seduced by a girl and parkour (the two go together)
And this is just in the past 4 months!!!!!! We are definitely in the year of Parkour!!!
And FYI – Taylor Lautner may be a pretty boy, but the dude can jump!